What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Romans 8:31
…be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6
I am my own worst enemy.
A new year has begun, and I’ll confess, I did not complete any of my New Year’s goals from 2013. I’m truly bummed about it because they were all attainable goals.
My normal, natural reaction to this would be to sulk and slump and beat myself up.
In fact, that was my reaction. Until my amazing husband reminded me that I was being too hard on myself and I needed to believe truth.
Because God is for me.
I would rather throw my hands up in the air and never set another goal for myself for the rest of my life.
But God is for me.
And instead of sulking and feeling sorry for myself, I’m looking at what I did complete this year and what I will carry over into this new year and tie up.
Because God is for me.
- I read 9 of the 13 books on my reading list.
- I started to finish one of the many quilts on my “to sew” list.
- I started the A Passion to Serve Bible reading plan and got 47% of the way through it.
- I learned (and am still learning) that I can’t get my way all the time. Can I get an AMEN on God’s amazing help and grace on that one?
- I started training for the Indy Mini-Marthon, which was not part of my original list, but happened to jump its way on thanks to this revelation.
- I started this blog (again not part of the original list), but something my soul desperately needed to do.
So this year…this year will be a year of tying up loose ends. For finishing up what’s been left undone.
My plan is to not start anything new until I’ve followed through with the other stuff. And instead of trying to complete all of this in my own strength, I’m going to rely on God’s strength to guide me through it.
So, here’s to you, New Year. Let’s get started on finishing up a few things.
Need some encouragement and truth spoken over you so you can finished what’s been left undone? I highly encourage you to check out these great resources:
Loose Ends -Pastor Dave Crandall at Friendship Church
What’s Undone? -Beth Moore